Interagency collaboration made easy
- Law enforcement agencies need to share data across jurisdictions during emergencies, investigations, and daily operations because mission-critical information often lives outside their systems.
- Peregrine facilitates secure and efficient collaboration across law enforcement agencies, ensuring data is only accessed by those with appropriate permissions.
- The platform’s new data-sharing feature reduces the time it takes to start sharing information with department partners by leveraging a straightforward, three-step approach.
Interagency collaboration made easy
Law enforcement agencies know that crime doesn’t stop at jurisdictional boundaries. The norm today? When an agency wants to collaborate or share information with its partners, often based on an exigent need in an investigation, it must endure a long, drawn-out process. It often involves command staff and counsel. The alternative? Driving to the partner’s HQ to manually collect physical files. Neither option is ideal.
Peregrine is the first platform purpose-built from the ground up to unlock secure, easy, cross-jurisdictional data sharing for law enforcement.
- Security by design: The foundation of Peregrine is built upon best-in-class security practices, including CJIS compliance and modern encryption standards. We sweat the details so you don’t have to.
- Powerful access controls: Data in law enforcement is sensitive. We’ve built powerful access controls that ensures data can only be accessed and actioned by people with appropriate permissions.
- Search across all your systems — and other agencies’: Time and access matter. Peregrine’s universal search enables you to quickly find the information you’re looking for across all your systems, as well as systems from partnering agencies. Peregrine will also surface information you need, even if you don’t know you’re looking for it.
Why interagency data sharing matters
Emergencies, like an active shooter on school grounds or a natural disaster, require the ability to effectively partner and share information quickly. There is no time for negotiating back and forth about who can access what data at what times when there are lives on the line.
During a crisis, Peregrine users can securely share data in the platform with all other involved agencies in minutes, at no additional cost. This reduces friction when collaboration is most critical, ensuring responding officers in the field are safe and those at HQ can share vital data like emerging incident details and coordination maps in near-real time.
The regionalization of crime
To adequately address crime that crosses jurisdictional boundaries, local police departments, county Sheriff’s offices, and even federal agencies must coordinate to solve and prevent crimes.
Peregrine customers have been leveraging data sharing daily in their operations. The Concord Police Department used Peregrine to coordinate with the FBI, Modesto Police Department, and Turlock Police Department to apprehend a serial bank robbery suspect. Peregrine’s ability to integrate data and provide real-time decision-making tools facilitated seamless communication and cooperation between the agencies, resulting in the suspect’s arrest.
The Concord example is one of many success stories of what can happen when departments collaborate and share data within one platform to gain new insights and unearth new information. Our customers told us they wanted secure and safe data sharing between public safety agencies to be even easier, and we listened.
How it works: From weeks to seconds
In Peregrine, it takes only a few clicks to start sharing data with your department’s partners.
- Identify an agency you want to share information with
- Generate a data sharing agreement based on our standard template, or upload your own, and send it directly and securely to their Peregrine administrators for approval
- Once their staff approves, and Peregrine works with you to configure the appropriate permissions and privacy protections, you’ll be able to access and action each other’s data in Peregrine.
If the agency you want to share information with isn’t a Peregrine customer, we’ll do the leg work to facilitate the data sharing request (for free!).
Using Peregrine, you’ll unlock insights from your department and partner agencies within minutes. Get started today.